Thursday, January 23, 2014

2013 Bodies Response

The article "Bodies of the Year" by Wesley Morris is an article that makes a statement saying that the public desire to see beautiful bodies has diminished in 2013. As a general rule, I personally don't keep up with social medias, I don't have a twitter account, I never use my Facebook account, I don't read magazines, and a rarely go to the movie theater to watch movies. It has always been my opinion that what people do in their free time is their own business and is not something that I have the right to invade or judge, even if that information is freely given via social networking sites. With that being the case, I don't know much about celebrities or what people think of them beyond a few of the most outrageous stunts they do, such as Miley Cyrus's twerking. I don't know whether people are getting tired of seeing beautiful bodies. It makes sense that the movies that become the most popular are ones that have the best story lines and most enthralling plot, and stories like that don't always make concessions for beauty. I heard somewhere once that the only constant in the word is change and while that might not necessarily be the case, I feel like change is what is happening. Beauty is something human beings have always prized and probably always will in one way or another, but how prominent a place we give beauty in our society varies. Perhaps we as a culture are getting tired of seeing nothing but pretty people doing pretty things, perhaps we are simply branching out so that we can experience new themes, different stories. I don't know what will happen in 2014, but I look forward to finding out.
                                                                                                               -Garrett Garcia

No comments:

Post a Comment